Mental preparation, accompanied by modern techniques such as Caycedian Sophrology, is indispensable in athletes to optimize their physical and technical-tactical preparation.
Most athletes know that «the mental,» psychological control, makes all the difference.
Our goal is to develop and enhance the athlete’s abilities at a psychophysical level, such as: the lived body scheme, improve the physical knowledge of oneself, reinforce security, concentration, attention, memory, creativity, self-motivation, and sports empathy. Likewise, sophrological training facilitates facing the game in a positive way, eliminating the anticipatory fear that states of anxiety, stress, insecurity, and nervousness generate that block the abilities that the athlete needs to compete and win.
There is a direct relationship between the muscles and the brain. If the athlete at the time of competing has a psychological problem, he will lose control of his movements and will reduce the possibility of achieving a victory. For this reason, it is important to learn to recognize the physical tension that is accompanied by mental tension, and to have the techniques and methods that sophrology offers us, to reduce and adequately control all the tensions and fears that can occur in the time of sports competition.
Why mental preparation?
To achieve the following objectives:
- Encourage post-effort recovery
- Learn to face events in a positive way
- Improve sleep quality
- Improve security and trust.
- Improve movement-music coordination work
- Physically and physiologically activation before exertion
- Self-motivation, fight tiredness and discouragement.
- Developing body schema and improving self-awareness
- Stimulating the power of concentration, attention, and memory
- Develop the understanding of others and the cohesion of the team.
- Relieve stress.
- Develop imagination and creativity.
- Strengthen self-confidence
- Adapting to the environment
- Promote personality development